Configuring WebServices DCA

Hi Ravindran,
It is possible to monitor WM Components without Manager. But in such a case you have create a lot of monitors and then schedule services which will push data into it regularly. All this would take a lot of time and effort. But if you have the readymade DCA’s in place then they will automatically create required monitors and will take care of pushing data into it. This will save your time and effort.

And yes it is also possible by Optimize alone but these DCA’s (for WM Component Monitoring) are not available in Optimize. For these DCA’s you have to contact webMethods Professional Services.

I mentioned Manager since these DCA’s can be obtained from Manager Console v6.1.5 setup and copied to Optimize setup. This way you can have WM components monitoring capability directly available in Optimize as well.

And were you able to find out about which API’s the AdminGuide is talking about?? If you find anything then let me know as well.

Thanx and Regards,
Ramnish.

Hi Ramnish

In my case, I want to monitor a value like Customer name(if the transaction is from particular customer, alert using mail), product type(if the particular prod.type is on transaction, alert). Is it possible to monitor this kind of data using WM Optimize. Is it possible to push this kind of data to the monitor. When we try to create monitor using addMonitorDescription the valueType can either be integer, double or boolean.

Becauase when they say about the data to monitors, they say it can be a count, gauge, last-value, delta & state.

How can I push some text as a values to the monitors? How can I associate those values for the Rules?

Can u pls help me in this?

Hi Ravindran,
First of all as you said too, we can have only 3 data types for the monitor viz. integer, double and boolean, and there is no string or char data type available.

But what you can do is assign integer codes for various customer e.g. 1000 for Nike, 1001 for Reebok, etc and then push these values in monitor, then you can put rules to check these values and alert accordingly.

There is another option as well, though i have not used it, but it was sited in the documentation. You see while pushing Data you can associate messages with each data sample you push. These messages get associated with the data that you pushed and so you can use these messages for alerting. To put a rule on this message you can select “reading.text” rather than “reading.value” in the rule expression page, and then make sure that you select the rule as “RealTime” so that the rule gets applied on each data sample you push.

I hope this helps you out.

Regards,
Ramnish.

Hi Ramnish

Have u ever used Dashboard with Optimize? I want to generate a custom chart with attributes that I select and to produce and compare
multiple objects within the same Dashboard view.

Is it possible to integrate some 3rd Party Dashboard with Optimize. Pls let me know if u have any idea on this.

Regards
Ravi

Hi Ravindran,
I personally have not even touched Dashboard, so no idea about how to integrate it with Optimize.

Sorry cant help you on this.

Regards,
Ramnish.

Hi guys!
I have the same problems that some of you had to create a monitor in the context of the Web Services DCAs. This thread could really help me, but there is a problem: the zip archive containing a sample of inputs for the addMonitorDescription web service connector is no longer available on this Forum, also the files containing the errors you specified. Could you repost it, please?

I have this problem for 3 days now, and I have a deadline related to the creation of Monitors and collecting few data this week-end.

This .zip archive is the answer to my problem, because I don’t know what values addMonitorDescription parameters should have.

Thanks a lot,

Andreea

Andreea,

I added the addMonitorDescription.zip as an attachment to the original message above.

Mark

Hello!

I have a new problem. I have errors when executing the pushData method. Maybe I give the wrong parameters, but I don’t think that’s the problem. I already created the system monitor FlowType.prod1.OnCount using the addMonitorDescription.
But using the inputs attached bellow gives errors and I don’t know how to make it work.

Please help me on this!

Thanks a lot!
errors.doc (23 KB)
pushDatainputs.JPG

Hi Ramnish/Ravindran,

This thread is very useful. Contains lot of info. Thanks.

From your discussion it seems that we can add business monitors using WS DCA only once we uploaded a Business process to optimize. From the documentation it seems that for this, we need to define a Model in the modeler (either external or internal). I was wondering if it is possible for me to monitor a Business Process which do not have any Model defined. Our client is not using Modeler and seems like they not inclined to use it in future.

A sample scenario where I would like to monitor some data is …

1. Get data from a weblogic server using JMS
  2. Do some processing …
  3. Make a webservice call to third party web Service
  4. Process the response.

In this scenario, for exaple, we would like to monitor number of documents that we are processing from weblogic for a particular customer etc.

Thanks in Advance,
Aneel.