Conditional concatenation in MAP step

Is there a clean way to do a conditional concat in the MAP step. For example I have a zip code which I want to add ‘-0000’ if there is no value after the 5 character zip, eg 55343-1234 vs 55343.

I was hoping to place a link within the MAP step to handle this but no luck. Do I need to use a BRANCH instead or create a Java Service to fulfill this need.

Yes, you need to use a branch, which can accept regular expressions.
You can only make conditions within a map in the following ways;

a) set value; you can uncheck the checkbox for “Overwrite pipeline value” so it will only be applied if no attribute exists yet in the pipeline
b) transitions; Clicking on a transition in a map allows you see its properties, one of which is conditions where you can use the same syntax as a branch. I use this a lot where I need to merge documents; better than having 50 branch/map combos.

regards,
John.

1 Like

@John_Carter4 Thank you for your insight. I am trying to trim down as much branching/mapping as possible. Nothing like learning on the fly. Glad you and others are out here for guidance and wisdom.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.