Backup of dashboards

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

Cumulocity IoT 10.11

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

is there any way to retrieve a dashboard which has been deleted by a user?

Hi Mauro,

I don’t think there is any conventional way available to restore a deleted dashboard. A dashboard is a plain ManagedObject inside the Inventory without any version controlling or history. Might be something you could raise as an idea in aha!, if it doesn’t already exist (at least I couldn’t find any idea).

Probably a rollback of the database could retrieve the dashboard, but I don’t think this is an option.

Best regards
Christian

Hi,

for a devices “trash” there is an idea already for that which could be extended to dashboards etc. as well.

Link

2 Likes

Hi Christian

the fact is that the home dashboard has a “restore dashboard” button which apply the standard cockpit dashboard without asking confirmation to the user…

can we roll back from here?

but also why this option to restore in the Home?

thanks

Mauro

Hi Mauro,

the home dashboard is part of the core and pre-configured. It’s based on the ContextDashboardComponent in the web SDK. This component allows to define a set of default widgets, which are used once the dashboard is created initially. If the dashboard is modified afterwards you can still roll it back to its initial state (default widgets) by pressing Restore dashboard. As device/group dashboards are dynamic and don’t provide any default widgets you don’t have this functionality of restoring the dashboards available for these kind of dashboards.

Therefore, no you can’t roll it back from the home dashboard, as the Restore dashboard only works based on its context, which in this case is the home dashboard.

Hope this gave some insight into the topic Restore dashboard

Best regards
Christian

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.