All Device Events using Notification 2.0 API

We currently use Realtime Notification API to configure a rule that subscribes to the wildcard /events/* channel using a WebSocket. Each rule relates a triggering event from an event source to an operation to be sent to a target.

We are simultaneously doing a PoC to achieve the same using Notifications 2.0 and had a couple of queries
• In Notification 2.0 API how can a single WS be used to monitor all device events ? I understand natively event notifications are only allowed for a specific device.
• There was mention of a new trigger that will be designed to close the existing functionality gap (subscribe to all device events) like with Realtime API Notification. Which version of C8y (10.15?) will include the ability to monitor all events in Notifications 2.0 from all devices?
• Is it possible for a Notification 2.0 client to reconfigure the current 5-minute idle timeout set on the WebSocket?

Appreciate any inputs.

Hi Sudarshan,

Please find the answers below:

• In Notification 2.0 API how can a single WS be used to monitor all device events ? I understand natively event notifications are only allowed for a specific device.
    A> You can receive notifications from many devices if the devices have subscriptions with the same subscription name.

• There was mention of a new trigger that will be designed to close the existing functionality gap (subscribe to all device events) like with Realtime API Notification. Which version of C8y (10.15?) will include the ability to monitor all events in Notifications 2.0 from all devices?
    A> Yes, we expect that feature to be made available from 10.16. It should then be possible to subscribe to all events that are generated in the tenant context provided ‘typeFilter’ is also specified.

• Is it possible for a Notification 2.0 client to reconfigure the current 5-minute idle timeout set on the WebSocket?
    A> To the best of my knowledge, no. The client cannot configure this timeout.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.