1st iPaaS Puzzle: Local Drought Water Calculator

:heart: I love this Monika :heart:

Great combination of products and really extending this use-case to make something very cool!

For those interested in how this is done in the integration part - I created a FlowService to provide the historical data

This Flow Services

• takes in input of a start date, end date, and amount of water your tree needs.
  • It then loops through each day
  • Using the REST connector I previously created it gets the rainfall measures for that day.
  • Reuses the FlowService to sum the rainfall amount across a day
  • Subtracts the rainfall amount from the amount the tree actually needs to get the net difference
  • For simplicity, builds a CSV line for the data point (which can be ingested into ARIS Process Mining).

I then enabled this as a webhook which can be called externally, that just returns the total data values as a CSV

This could have used the ARIS Process Mining Connector, but using the CSV keeps this easier for people to understand and also allows me to take the data easily into Power BI (or other analytics tools), like this:

5 Likes

Everybody else - you still have sometime to submit your own solutions!

1 Like

The goal of the iPaaS Puzzle series that we are doing for the next 4 weeks as a trial is to help you hone your webMethods skills with little challenges for you to solve and learn from others who also tackled the Puzzle. We do these check ins on Fridays with our iPaaS Puzzle Show!

Please join us tomorrow for our iPaaS Puzzle Shows:
1st iPaaS Puzzle Show: Local Drought Water Calculator! Friday 9th of September
APJ/EMEA 11.30am IST / 8am CEST See 1st iPaaS Puzzle Show: Local Drought Water Calculator! APJ/EMEA at Software AG Groups International webMethods User Group
EMEA/Americas 11am EDT / 8am PDT / 5pm CEST See 1st iPaaS Puzzle Show: Local Drought Water Calculator! EMEA/Americas at Software AG Groups International webMethods User Group

I made a little video that gives you more details:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-08 um 11.17.18

Solve our iPaaS Puzzle and join our iPaaS Puzzle Show this Friday September 9th!

Rest assured, these shows are community events, with friendly banter that you can join in! See you tomorrow!

1 Like

Just looked into the puzzle a bit more and found Bright Sky - Free JSON API for DWD’s open weather data. for the German weather service DWD aka Deutscher Wetter Dienst.

That looks promising! I’ll keep you posted!

@anela.osmanovic Thought about your solution and may be 48 hours would be an even better timeframe. How easy is it to make it a parameter that you change every time?

I learned that you can derive longitude and latitude from Google Maps URL :slight_smile:

That is the URL for the highest mountain in Germany the Zugspitze:

I know they have a weather station up there :slight_smile:

On Bright Sky API Documentation page you can enter the parameters for the query call.

Had to play around with the date parameter until I found one with some Precipitation:

In my API call to https://api.brightsky.dev/
I declare all the parameters needed: date, last_date, lat, lon, and fill them with the same data.

The API Input call looks great:

The Output looks good too, alas where are my parameters like Precipitation or Temperature?

I tried to get a Flowservice going as in Dave’s example from above, but it was getting too late. Solution tomorrow I guess :slight_smile:

Hello iPaaS Puzzle Fans,

We had our first iPaaS Puzzle Show earlier today. What I really loved was the walkthrough by Anela @anela.osmanovic of her solution. It made me aware where my solution is lacking. Which is a great insight. You learn much better and more when you have wrangled with problem yourself. It also sticks around longer if you struggle to solve something.

I also loved Monika’s @Monika introduction to the extension into Process Mining. Love when we can help break down silos between different departments and products. Check out the recording!

It is of great benefit to you to sharpen your webMethods skills by solving these iPaaS Puzzles. Boy do we have a great 2nd iPaaS Puzzle: Prevent “Epic Fails” in Customer Service introduced in the late show by Irene @Irene_Cramer

If you missed the EMEA/APJ one and would like to be part of the action, please join us for the

EMEA/Americas version this afternoon. 11am EDT / 8am PDT / 5pm CEST See 1st iPaaS Puzzle Show: Local Drought Water Calculator! EMEA/Americas at Software AG Groups International webMethods User Group

Starting solving and posting our 2nd iPaaS Puzzle: Prevent “Epic Fails” in Customer Service solution now. It’s from the interaction that we all learn and expand our horizon!

Thanks!

2 Likes

You didn’t show the URL you used, but I tested this with:

https://api.brightsky.dev/weather?date=2022-09-07&last_date=2022-09-08&lat=47.42&lon=10.98

and I can see the data on a test :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is the recording of our iPaaS Puzzle Show EMEA/Americas.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-12 um 13.34.52

Check it out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.