Real time measurement update for a specific device

Hello All,

I ma working on a use case where i need to act on every new measurement received by a device and do some calculation .

I am trying to build microservice and find a suitable example on git hub given by Software AG .

“realtime example in cumulocity-microservice-templates”

I meant over here , i will create my onw application but use the existing onMicroserviceSubscriptionAddedEvent and registerForMeasurementUpdates
logic.

Can i use the same one and put my calculation code only or do i need to developed similar subscription logic in my own class including all other work it is doing. like
tenant validation , token

Please suggest

Thank you in advance.

Yes, you can certainly do that.

I’d recommend to just start from the template as-is, then add your custom logic to the event listener:

Please, be advised, though, that the Notification 2.0 API aims to replace the current Realtime API.
AFAIK, there is no template for that, though.

Thanks for your response Chirstoph,

I have few questions. It will help me in implementing my solution better.

1. Can i filter out this notification on the basis of of device_type like
    type= “xyz_raw”
    fragmentValue = “xyz_raw”

I have 100 device , out of 100 , 50 belongs to “xyz_raw” type and 50 belongs to some other type.
This will reduce my listener load.

1. will it be able to handle 50 different measurement/sec for same device as the device is having 50 measurement.

2. Some documentation about properties file and cumulocity.json – so that i can understand it better
    like in properties file
    use of
    C8Y.microservice.isolation=MULTI_TENANT
    C8Y.bootstrap.initialDelay=5000
    C8Y.bootstrap.register=false

Looking for your support and response.

Can we filter out my measurement subscription on the basis of device type like type = “xyz_raw”
fragmentValue= “xyz_raw”

It will improve my execution as currently i am filtering it like below

if (measurement.getType().toString().equalsIgnoreCase("xyz_raw")) {
}

Hi @johndoe, about the question 3, here are the documents you need:
For properties please check: Microservice SDK for Java - Cumulocity IoT Guides
For manifest (cumulocity.json): General aspects - Cumulocity IoT Guides

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.