I have a problem when consume soap api

I have a problem when trying to rename the custom request then map it to the soap API in the service and trying to run it I get this error:

[Server CodecHandler] Failed to decode 
 -> Unable to find xml element for parameter: NbTransactions

Hi Mohammad,

please provide more informations regarding your issue.
I.e. Screenshots of the implementation from ServiceDesigner, sample data as well as the IS version and ServiceDesigner version you are working on.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hello Holger,

The problem has been resolved. The reason for the issue was the incorrect file name in the input for the service request. After changing it, the API started working correctly. Now, I would like to ask you how we can determine if an error has occurred or not.

I created a branch and used a switch statement to check for faults. If the fault is not empty, then there is an error. In that case, I map the reason or body to a variable. If there is no error, then everything is working fine. Is this approach correct?

I noticed that there is a built-in service called “hasFaultMessage” and “getFaultMessage,” but I’m not sure how to use them. Can you please provide guidance on how to utilize these services?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Mohammad,

we have never used these services as I am not sure if they were already available in wM 9.12 or were introduced later on.

But deriving from the service names you can try the following approach:

BRANCH on hasFaultMessage
- true: getFaultMessage and process it
- false: all was fine and you can continue regular processing

You might want to check for the IS Built-In-Services Reference and/or the WebService Developers Guide for further informations about this.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.