Does Entire-Network used for for Adabas 6.7 and Natural 9.1.1?

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

Adabas 6.7 (Release 10.3)

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

customer licensed

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Connect Natural 9.1.1 on this machine to the remote Adabas server 6.7 via Entire-Networks 7.8

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Cannot install AdabasAdministrationServices 2.5
See the installer message inline
AdabasAdministrationServices

Is Entire-Network still valid for these Adabas and Natural releases, or TCP connector had already replaced it ? I do not see former\ in the installer
Entire-Network

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

Did not verify, this is fundamental issue on the GA level

I think Adabas Administration Services is being de-selected by the installer because you have not selected Adabas Manager.

I have not checked product version compatibility (I think Installer does that anyway), but, yes, Entire Net-Work is still valid. You need it to connect Adabas and Natural running on separate servers.

ADATCP is an alternative for an Entire Net-Work connection, but you must have a licensed copy of Entire Net-Work installed to use ADATCP, as they both use the same license file.

Good day Ralph

Thank you for your time to reply.

I rerun the installer for 10.3 that corresponds to Adabas 6.7 and found no images available for Adabas Administration Services

The previous screenshots were taken for the release 10.1 that I reviewed again and made sure that Adabas Manager is selected

However, the same things reoccurred

Kindly advise where did you find the referred compatibility documentation ?

As you can see, for 10.3 Adabas Administration Services component is missing, while for 10.1 Adabas component is missing … Also, for 9.10 all Adabas product family is missing …

It seems the products might be removed from the Software AG software download server …

Did you try running the installer for the mentioned releases to see the available products ? Could this be limitation for my user ?

Regards
Leonard

I think the problem is that you are trying to install products into an existing Adabas installation. I believe the installation notes warn against this.

Try a clean install. If Adabas is now in c:\SoftwareAG, try c:\SoftwareAG2.

I had tried that in a first place, same thing

Was asking earlier about the link to the compatibility document ?

Thanx

The components change for he higher Adabas versions.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.