DELIVERY_UNSUCCESSFUL when registering an application in developer portal

Product

I’m using webMethods.io API, free edition

Scenario & Issue

I’m playing with this, but can’t get it to work. I’ve imported an API into API Gateway (the Cumulocity API). I can call it just fine via the gateway. Now I want to go via the API Portal.

Steps:

• Created 2nd user in API Portal
  • Logged in as this user, find the API in the catalog and try to register
  • Registration request get automatically approved, but then the process stops
    Application is never created. Error message: DELIVERY_UNSUCCESSFUL

Some 401, apparently towards API Gateway?

Question

This seems like a very basic scenario, what do I miss here?

Thank you and kind regards, Christoph

Hi Christoph,

The API Gateway user as defined in the API Portal destination of API Gateway (wM.io) might not be configured properly (wrong user name or password).

Note:

I have multiple times observed (and created a ticket SI-493580) that API Portal destination configuration gets corrupted during either minor fix or major release upgrades of wM.io API Gateway.

image001.png

image002.png

image003.png

image005.png

image006.png

image007.png

image004.png

Thanks Peter,

that was it. I looked for that configuration in API Portal (it’s in API Gateway, though), didn’t find it and figured “must be autoconfigured”. Well, it wasn’t :slight_smile:

Cheers, Christoph

Facing similar issue with the trial, I have no way to delete the application and have reached the limit of 5 Applications in the trail. Couldn’t find a way to delete the applications from the developer portal.

I don’t think there is a way out of this situation when you use the Trial version.
I’d start with a new Trial instance.

1 Like

Yes, thanks for the prompt response. Yes went ahead and recreated the trial environment. But there should be a way to delete unregistered applications

There is, just not for Trial accounts AFAIK.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.