Can't see logs in Integration service. JDBC connection issue

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Using Integration Server - 10.11.0.0
Software Ag Designer - 10.11.0.0

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Using free trial version.

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

Creating flat file schema. Successfully got records in Results of Designer. But unable to see logs on IS.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message

Error Message -
Unable to save event in table. Details: Unable to get JDBC connection from ISInternal. conn=(null)

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Yes installed all latest fixes like - downloading ojdbc14.jar

Hi Prakhar,

ojdbc14.jar was developed for Java 1.4 and does not support latest JDBC 4.x versions.

Most likely you should check for the latest ojdbc-jar from Oracle like ojdbc10.jar developed for Java 10 and newer.

BTW: Audit logging does not require an ojdbc-jar anyway as the IS is using a bundled (& branded) DataDirect-Driver by default for the internal JDBC-Pools.
And the IS Server Log is configured to use logs/server.log on a file base by default.

Please provide more detailed error messages when the tips above do not help.

Regards,
Holger

3 Likes

While enabling webMethods Adapter for JDBC Connection at - IS> Adapters > webMethods Adapter for JDBC > Connections .

I’m getting error that oracleDataSource cannot be located.
(Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Udemy_training.Connection:Orcldatabase.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” cannot be located.
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource )

For which I’ve provided ojdbc-jar. ( which I read as a solution in one Thread) but it’s not fixing. So what Can I do next ?

Hi Prakhar,

where did you place the ojdbc-jar?
Was the WmJDBCAdapter package reloaded afterwards?
Depending on where the jar has been placed it might be neccessary to shutdown and restart there IS.

As already mentioned above, check for recent version of the ojdbc-jar (ojdbc10.jar for Oracle 19c).
ojdbc14.jar is considered outdated and should not be used any longer.

Regards,
Holger

I placed ojdbc11.jar in C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars
and then I restarted IS but still got same error.

Hi Prakhar,

this is the wrong location.
Please copy the jar to C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars and reload the WmJDBCAdapter package afterwards.

The location you have used will only be used when creating new IS instances from this installation.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

First of all thank you so much , for constant support. But I followed your instructions and still getting error. Please look into it.

Error encountered -

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Udemy_training.Connection:Orcldatabase. [ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection Udemy_training.Connection:Orcldatabase: after 1 attempt(s). [ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager. [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”. IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection (CONNECTION_ID=KMJGX0/xRbqT+qSfycILdQ==)

Hi Prakhar,

can you share the connection details (except for address, user, password) please?

Are there any more details about the error message itself?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Prakhar,

please check if there is a user “Administrator” available on the database.
Usually the normal db schema users used by wM JDBC Pools and your integrations via JDBC Adapter should never use the “Administrator” user.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,
Here are some details of my setup.

1. As mentioned above, I have placed the ojdbc11. jar file in the C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars and C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars

2. Tried creating new jdbc connection with help of Adapter_for_JDBC_Install_and_Users_Guide.pdf . Also used Username other than Administrator.
    JDBC connection details -

Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
Server Name localhost
User system
Password ******
Database Name orcl
Port Number 1521
Network Protocol tcp
Other Properties driverType=thin

But still getting same error.

Error encountered

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Jdbc_Adapter:jDBCADAPTER.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection Jdbc_Adapter:jDBCADAPTER: after 1 attempt(s).
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection (CONNECTION_ID=AlPO8tDcRKSvn84xbU+ztg==)

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.