Can't find installation archive for C8Y IoT DataHub Edge "datahub-<version>.tgz"

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Installing C8Y IoT Edge 10.13

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Software AG Developer Environment

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

I have installed successfully C8Y IoT Edge locally on my Laptop. Now I want to install DataHub. I’m trying to find the “Cumulocity IoT DataHub Edge archive” mentioned in the Prerequsites section of the documentation. According to the “Setting up” example, the archive should be named like “datahub-.tgz”, however I can’t find it in empower download center. I downloaded all files available for datahub, but the archive is not amongst them.

Where can I find the Cumulocity IoT DataHub Edge archive file named: “datahub-.tgz”???

Thanks a lot,
Christian Gengenbach.

Isn’t it the .tar file on Empower?

Well, being very new to the business of installing Edge, I’m not sure especially, because the name doesn’t match.
In the text and in the first code snippet, it is called datahub-<version>.tgz.
However I now saw that in the third code-snippet they call it datahub-<version>.tar. So if I ignore the “<version>” bit, then I probably should give the datahub.tar file on empower a go.
Will try this … Thanks Robert!
However, I wouldn’t mind, if somebody could share some light on the naming confusion of the archive file.

Hello @Christian_Gengenbach,

thanks for pointing this out. There’s a glitch in the documentation. You need to download

https://empowersdc.softwareag.com/dnld/CumulocityDataHub/10.13.0/10.13.0.7/datahub-edge.tar

and then run

sudo /opt/c8y/utilities/install_signed_package.sh /tmp/datahub-edge.tar

Thanks, Tim

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.