EDIINT send error "Delivery Failed: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset"

EDIINT AS2 HTTP deliveries are failing with "Delivery Failed: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset’ very frequently for one trading partner. Asynchronous MDN’s are requested. This is a long-time partner and, to my knowledge, nothing has changed on either end. I have increased the EDIINT delivery retries maximum to 7 with a 10 minute wait and retry factor of 1 and some deliveries are even exceeding that. I am able to restart the failed tasks and ultimately the deliveries do succeed.

I see that the wM IS Extended Setting watt.net.timeout=300. However, I don’t know if this has any impact. If so, it has not caused any issues in the past.

We are not running in a clustered environment and our trading partner has confirmed that our FROM IP is allowed in their firewall. In any case, this was working fine, and had worked fine for years, until 8/9/19.

Any suggestions for possible causes or advice on how to determine the cause would be appreciated very much.

Thanks and regards,

Mary

Hi Mary,

I would suggest you to raise support incident to SAG GS for further investigation.

Hi, Mike. I appreciate the suggestion, but our wM version is unsupported. I think we’ll ask our network team to run a trace.

Thanks and regards,
Mary

Hi Mary,

you should consider upgrading to a supported version then.

Regards,
Holger

Mary,

Is this issue started happening recently in the prod environment?

Also I would suggest please troubleshoot from the network/packets transmission standpoint having the related teams on-board (both sides) and it will be easy then to tackle such kind of connectivity issues pertaining to that TP which in this case.

HTH
RMG

Hi RMG,

Yes, it started recently. Our plan is to do as you suggest.

Thanks and regards,
Mary

OK good path.