Error invoking REST API using API Gateway

Hi All,

I am getting below exception when trying to access REST API using API Cloud Gateway.

“Exception”: “API Gateway encountered an error. Error Message: Downtime exception: Connection refused (Connection refused). Request Details: Service - catalogue, Operation - /catalogue/{bookId}, Invocation Time:10:03:27 AM, Date:Oct 3, 2018, Client IP - 203.191.35.25, User - Default and Application:null”

Additional Details:
{
“_index”: “gateway_jignshah_analytics”,
“_type”: “errorEvents”,
“_id”: “AWY5Yd3jqrNQgaZWiAl9”,
“_version”: 1,
“_score”: null,
“_source”: {
“eventType”: “Error”,
“creationDate”: 1538561007074,
“apiName”: “catalogue”,
“apiVersion”: “1.0”,
“apiId”: “d76ba83c-e728-4262-bf48-e89f545affa3”,
“applicationId”: “Unknown”,
“applicationName”: “Unknown”,
“applicationIp”: “203.191.35.25”,
“sessionId”: “fc86644d91a04c7e8d293f16c50881a4”,
“operationName”: “/catalogue/{bookId}”,
“userAgent”: “”,
“errorDesc”: " Downtime exception: Connection refused (Connection refused)",
“responseCode”: “500”,
“httpMethod”: “get”
},

What could be the reason?

Please help.

Regards,
Jigs

Either the native service might be down or not reachable from API Gateway.

I also suspect connectivity issue between API Gateway (Cloud) and Local IS (running on my laptop) but don’t know the way to check connectivity from API Gateway to local IS.

Is there any configuration that I am misising, either on API Gateway or IS?

Any lead to resolve the issue will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Jigs

Hi,

Did you check the firewall configurations? Also try invoking the API directly (not from API Gateway) from the same machine where you have installed the Gateway to check the connectivity

• Praveen

Gateway(Cloud) will not be able to connect to your local server. Cloud can only connect to public interfaces that are openly available.

There are some options like setting up site2site VPN to have the cloud talk to on-prem for enterprise customers.

For trial usages we dont enable those.

Hi All,

I am getting below exception when trying to access REST API using API Cloud Gateway.

“Exception”: “API Gateway encountered an error. Error Message: Downtime exception: Read timed out. Request Details: Service - LebesCrediarioDigital, Operation - /resourceInsereDadosCadastraisCliente, Invocation Time:11:34:10 AM, Date:Mar 27, 2019, Client IP - 189.10.143.154, User - Default and Application:null”

My System Settings - API Gateway timeout, is configure to 90 minutes.

Additional Details:
webMethods version 10.1

What could be the reason?

Please help.

Regards,
Rodrigo Ienaga

{“Exception”: “API Gateway encountered an error. Error Message: Downtime exception: Raakesh-Justins-PC. Request Details: Service - concat, Operation - /concat, Invocation Time:5:00:54 AM, Date:Nov 5, 2019, Client IP - 172.17.0.1, User - Default and Application:null”}

I am running API gateway through docker

Did you check if the native endpoint is accessible from your Gateway container?

Yes,native endpoint is accessible.