Unable to login into API Gateway - The username/password you entered is invalid

Hi All

I have installed API Gateway thru sag docker image and when i tried login into the API gate way its throwing "The username/password you entered is invalid erro"r. Below is the error message in the IS server log.

[353]2018-07-03 04:44:42 UTC [ISS.0053.0002C] Access denied for user GatewayInternalTechnicalUser on port 5555 → ‘invoke/apigateway.ui:getSolutionDetails’ from 127.0.0.1.
[352]2018-07-03 04:44:42 UTC [ISS.0012.0022C] Access Denied. Authentication resolved to user “GatewayInternalTechnicalUser”. User is not defined in any of the available user stores.
[351]2018-07-03 04:44:27 UTC [ISS.0053.0002C] Access denied for user GatewayInternalTechnicalUser on port 5555 → ‘invoke/apigateway.ui:getSolutionDetails’ from 127.0.0.1.
[350]2018-07-03 04:44:27 UTC [ISS.0012.0022C] Access Denied. Authentication resolved to user “GatewayInternalTechnicalUser”. User is not defined in any of the available user stores.
[349]2018-07-03 04:44:12 UTC [ISS.0053.0002C] Access denied for user GatewayInternalTechnicalUser on port 5555 → ‘invoke/apigateway.ui:getSolutionDetails’ from 127.0.0.1.
[348]2018-07-03 04:44:12 UTC [ISS.0012.0022C] Access Denied. Authentication resolved to user “GatewayInternalTechnicalUser”. User is not defined in any of the available user stores.
[347]2018-07-03 04:43:57 UTC [ISS.0053.0002C] Access denied for user GatewayInternalTechnicalUser on port 5555 → ‘invoke/apigateway.ui:getSolutionDetails’ from 127.0.0.1.

Looks like GatewayInternalTechnicalUser doesn’t have access but expected this user should be created automatically when I run the docker img but not sure whether the SAG docker image is correct one or not.

Here is the reference for the SAG docker path: Docker

Can someone please suggest if any manual steps are required upon API gateway installation.

Thanks
Guru

I have tried Administrator/manage

Check if this user exists and also check the jdbc pools for “isinternal”.

Can you share the IS details with fixes?

I have installed this from a apigateway container not thru empower licensed img.

There is no such user. Just wondering if its due to wrong license?

The license file will expire 2018-07-15 23:59:59 UTC as per the IS container.

I do not see any errors after starting the docker container “store/softwareag/apigateway-trial:10.2” I am able to login with Administrator/manage and no errors reported on IS server/error logs.

The moment you see the error, can you capture the screenshots of “Server > Statistics > Sessions”.
We would require more details to check what is wrong?

Hi Mahesh

I have given a try again by creating a new container but no help.

I ran the docker run -d -p 5555:5555 -p 9072:9072 --name apigw store/softwareag/apigateway-trial:10.2 command for kick start but skipped memory setting command sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144 from the docker img instructions.

IS is up but APIGateWay is not up and can see errors in the logs. attached few screens

sent screenshots to your email, could you please find it.

APIGateway will not be up until elastic search is up and running, for the elastic search to startup you have to set “sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144”

Before you start the container, set “sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144” and start your APIGW container and you should be able to access APIGateway without any issues.

Make sure “WmAPIGateway” is loaded fully and not partial.

Hi,

please check the IntegrationServer server.log file to find out why the package has been loaded partially.

After fixing the cause for this partial loading, reload the package or restart the instance to get it working.

Regards,
Holger

If you intended to use the API Gateway docker container from docker store on Windows using Docker Toolbox, to start the Elastic Search set the below configs

docker-machine ssh
sudo sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144
exit

Thank you guys, i missed to run the sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144 before starting the container.

Able to access the API GW now.

Hi, i’m facing similar problem, i can’t login into webmethod API gateway.

I already follow all the instruction given in here Docker

but still can’t login.

Please advise.

Hi everyone,

I have got the same problem. I double checked the vm.map_map_count. thats not the problem. I also check the package’s, they are loading correctly.Do you guys have any different idea?

Can you post the log file for your gateway, most times that you can’t login is because ELK didn’t start, which in turn because it is resource constrained.
regards
John
Product Manager
Integration & Microservice Runtime.

I upload the log file in directory /opt/softwareag/IntegrationServer/instances/default/logs/
Sorry for mess in log file :smiley:

APIGateway.log (2.0 MB)

It looks like the problem is still with ELK, Could you take a look in

/opt/softwareag/InternalDataStore/logs/SAG_EventDataStore.log

You could also try starting the ELK manually, clear your logs and restart e.g.

$ cd /opt/softwareag/InternalDataStore/logs
$ rm -Rf * (be careful!!) 
$ cd /opt/softwareag/InternalDataStore/bin  
$ ./shutdown.sh  
$ ./startup.sh  

thank check out the ELK log again.

$ cd ../logs  
$ more SAG_EventDataStore.log

John.

I checked the elasticsearch log and there is no error in SAG_EventDataStore.log

The error in the ApiGateway.log is like this

ERROR [apigatewayui] [com.softwareag.apigateway.ui.utils.SAMLAssertionUtil] - 1041: Authentication Failed with status code 401
INFO [apigatewayui] [com.softwareag.apigateway.ui.utils.SAMLAssertionUtil] - getLocation: null
INFO [apigatewayui] [com.softwareag.apigateway.ui.utils.SAMLAssertionUtil] - getHeaders: {WWW-Authenticate=[Basic realm=“Integration Server”, encoding=“UTF-8”], Connection=[close], Content-Length=[0]}
ERROR [apigatewayui] [com.softwareag.apigateway.ui.ISConfiguration$1] - Attempt to login with technical user failed: : Authentication Failed with status code 401
com.softwareag.security.jaas.principals.SagGeneralSecurityException: : Authentication Failed with status code 401
at com.softwareag.apigateway.ui.utils.SAMLAssertionUtil.getISSession(SAMLAssertionUtil.java:122) ~[com.softwareag.apigateway.webapp.apimanager_10.5.0.0000-0579.jar:?]
at com.softwareag.apigateway.ui.utils.SAMLAssertionUtil.getISSession(SAMLAssertionUtil.java:90) ~[com.softwareag.apigateway.webapp.apimanager_10.5.0.0000-0579.jar:?]
at com.softwareag.apigateway.ui.utils.SAMLAssertionTechnicalUser.getIsSession(SAMLAssertionTechnicalUser.java:29) ~[com.softwareag.apigateway.webapp.apimanager_10.5.0.0000-0579.jar:?]
at com.softwareag.apigateway.ui.ISConfiguration$1.run(ISConfiguration.java:104) [com.softwareag.apigateway.webapp.apimanager_10.5.0.0000-0579.jar:?]
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555) [?:1.8.0_222]
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505) [?:1.8.0_222]

And the error in the server.log is same as the topic.

Access Denied. Authentication resolved to user “GatewayInternalTechnicalUser”. User is not defined in any of the available user stores.
Access denied for user GatewayInternalTechnicalUser on port 5555 → ‘invoke/apigateway.ui:getSolutionDetails’ from 127.0.0.1.

I still think you have a problem with it?
Did you try starting and stopping the ELK manually as I suggested ?

You can determine if ELK is up and running by accessing the following URL from a browser
http://localhost:9200/_cluster/health?pretty=true
Replace localhost with your server host.

John.

Hi John,

Thanks for all your help.I found the problem. I installed with Integration Server license instead of Api gateway. This was the cause of the error. I did a reinstallation, it is working properly now.

1 Like