Wm HTTPS "ERROR:java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error"

I call some Web Service thru https without attachments in SoapUI, the web service response successfully. However, once adding attachment, not matter would be used or not in the request body, an error “ERROR:java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error” will occur. May I know what is wrong with it? And how to resolve it?

Is it related to some IS webservice setting?

Any one could help on it?

Hi Aaron,

Not sure why you are getting Socket error.
Tested the same and its working. Try updating the setting from the attachment, hope it may help you.

Can you check if any timeout is specified from SOAP UI which is closing the connection.

Hi,

Adding to Rakesh advice.
Not sure how big the file size is, the one i tried was a basic txt file, try running the same.

@Khan
The same issue occurs even with the mini size file.

Hi Aaron,

Have you implemented attachment accepting in the webservice that you have expose?
also please cross verify if you have enabled the attachment enabled property to true?

I know this should not be impacting the behavior but at least try to check if you have implemented the first thing.

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Error like: “Connection reset by peer: socket write error” can be caused by the server rejecting client’s authentication info.
Check if you have the right username/password or cert configured (both the client side and server side)