uninstall 9.12

Having a few issue with my environment, I decided to uninstall all SAG products and then re-install Product Suite 9.12, but I am unable to remove the Infrastructure components.

After selecting products to uninstall the installer window goes blank and hangs. At the end of uninstallLog.txt I see

07:52:39 info DM> Windows TS/RDP session: console. There are no other active sessions.
07:52:43 info DLIFPP> We are running with local admin privileges.
07:52:43 alert DLIFPP> Windows product name: Windows 10 Pro N
07:52:43 alert DLIFPP> Windows build lab: 14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161004-2338
07:53:30 warning CCM.W: CCMCondP> Cannot access instance folder: C:\SoftwareAG2016\install\products
07:53:30 warning CCM.W: CCMCondP> Cannot access instance folder: C:\SoftwareAG2\install\products

C:\SoftwareAG2016 and C:\SoftwareAG2 were used in previous installations, but no longer exist. I’ve searched the registry, *.ini and *.cfg for references to \install\products.

How do I complete the un-install?

Please make sure, all your wM components are down, none of the related files are opened.

Thanks,

Hi Ralph,

please check in Task Manager under Services and/or Processes, if there are still some of them running related to the mentioned directories.

Stop these. They are not directly related to install/products, but to the real installation directory (at the same level as install).

Regards,
Holger

This had already been done. All services with “Software AG” in the description have been disabled.

I copied the most recent installation directory to create the two directories being sought by the uninstaller. So I no longer see the two “Cannot access instance folder” messages in the log, but it still hangs.

12:56:48 info DM> java.home: C:\SoftwareAG\jvm\jvm\jre
12:56:48 info DM> java.version: 1.8.0_101
12:56:48 info DM> java.class.path: C:\SoftwareAG\install\jars\DistMan.jar
12:56:48 info DM> sun.os.patch.level: 
12:56:48 info DM> Java system properties dump end.
12:56:48 info DM> Windows TS/RDP session: console. There are no other active sessions.
12:56:52 info DLIFPP> We are running with local admin privileges.
12:56:52 alert DLIFPP> Windows product name: Windows 10 Pro N
12:56:52 alert DLIFPP> Windows build lab: 14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161014-1755

I’ve uploaded a few images which may be useful.

Hi Ralph,

what looks interesting is the Uninstaller List where there are entries labelled “Missing *”.

Do you know the reason for this?

Regards,
Holger

I usually do little more than glance at the installation notes, as they rarely change dramatically. At the end of my installation I was somewhat surprised to see a message to the effect that an upgrade to the 9.12 release was not possible. I must presume that the “missing” objects are a result of conflicts with my prior installation.

Unable to cleanly un-install, I moved on with another attempt to install 9.12. Natural and Adabas seem to be running fine, but I am unable to use Adabas Manager.

In my list of services I see Software AG Adabas Manager Communicator Service 1.5.0.0(1) is running. I’ve tried re-starting it with a parameter to change the port, but that doesn’t help. Any suggestions?

p…s. Software AG Adabas Administration Service 2.4(1) is not running; it’s Automatic (Delayed Start).
p.p.s. Adabas Manager worked fine before my attempt to install 9.12.