Integration Server is not coming Up

Greetings All,

I am using wM9.6. I have been using it for last 1 month with out issues. From last week i have been facing the below error which is stopping IS to start up.

Information in IS Logs:

2014-12-18 09:11:17 IST [ISS.0096.0001C] JDBCConnectionManager: initialization failed for CentralUsers functional alias, check configuration.
2014-12-18 09:11:34 IST [ISS.0096.0001C] JDBCConnectionManager: initialization failed for DocumentHistory functional alias, check configuration.
2014-12-18 09:11:52 IST [ISS.0096.0001C] JDBCConnectionManager: initialization failed for ISCoreAudit functional alias, check configuration.
2014-12-18 09:12:08 IST [ISS.0096.0001C] JDBCConnectionManager: initialization failed for ISInternal functional alias, check configuration.
2014-12-18 09:12:28 IST [ISS.0096.0001C] JDBCConnectionManager: initialization failed for ProcessAudit functional alias, check configuration.
2014-12-18 09:12:46 IST [ISS.0096.0001C] JDBCConnectionManager: initialization failed for ProcessEngine functional alias, check configuration.
2014-12-18 09:13:07 IST [ISS.0096.0001C] JDBCConnectionManager: initialization failed for TN functional alias, check configuration.
2014-12-18 09:13:26 IST [ISS.0096.0001C] JDBCConnectionManager: initialization failed for Xref functional alias, check configuration.
2014-12-18 09:13:26 IST [ISS.0025.0024I] JDBC Connection Manager started
2014-12-18 09:13:45 IST [ISS.0095.9998E] AuditLogManager Exception: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12514 Connection refused, the specified service name (orcl) was not recognized by the Oracle server.
com.wm.dd.jdbc.oraclebase.ddej: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12514 Connection refused, the specified service name (orcl) was not recognized by the Oracle server.
at com.wm.dd.jdbc.oraclebase.ddcq.b(Unknown Source)

Information in Command console where batch is been kicked-off.

WARNING: Failed to process OOB file-change event on file ‘E:\wM96\profiles\IS_default\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.app.manager.tmp3613836382368954854.instance’
Dec 18, 2014 9:11:38 AM com.webMethods.sc.config.ConfigurationLogger log
WARNING: Failed to process OOB file-change event on file ‘E:\wM96\profiles\IS_default\configuration\org.eclipse.core.runtime.manager.tmp4815754538329511428.instance’
Dec 18, 2014 9:13:26 AM com.webMethods.sc.config.ConfigurationLogger log
INFO: Out-of-band file changes will be monitored every ‘60000’ milliseconds
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:E:/wM96/common/lib/ext/slf4j-log4j.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]

and I am able to successfully log-in to db and able to see it is using service name as orcl

SQL> select * from global_name;

GLOBAL_NAME

ORCL

SQL> SELECT host_name, instance_name FROM v$instance;

HOST_NAME

INSTANCE_NAME

ABDUL-PC
orcl

SQL> select instance_name from v$instance;

INSTANCE_NAME

orcl

SQL>

I tried to copy JDBC folders ( driver,function & pool )from backup directory to config but still of no use. Kindly help me what could be the problem and how to resolve it.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Have you tried recreate or drop/create the components/products using the Database Component Configurator 9.6?

If not you can uninstall and re-install.

Mahesh,

Thanks for your reply, i tried to drop n re-creating tables per product but it didn’t allow me and throwing below error:

• Executing action
  • Action : drop
  • Database : Oracle
  • Product(s) : Integration Server
  • Product(s) version : Latest
  • URL : jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;serviceName=orcl
  • User : xxx

• Database Connection error: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12514 Connection refused, the specified service name (orcl) was not recognized by the Oracle server.
    Error in retrieving installed component version [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12514 Connection refused, the specified service name (orcl) was not recognized by the Oracle server.

• drop Database Component: CrossReference XRF

• Versions
  • Version: oracle 11.0
  • Scripts drop

•   Script(1): E:\wM96\common\db/scripts/oracle/crossreference/11/drop/ora_xrf_d_ddl.sql

•   Script(2): E:\wM96\common\db/scripts/oracle/common/20/drop/ora_cmn_d_ddl_purgerecyclebin.sql

•   Script(3): E:\wM96\common\db/scripts/oracle/crossreference/11/drop/ora_xrf_d_dml_tracking.sql

• Database Connection error: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12514 Connection refused, the specified service name (orcl) was not recognized by the Oracle server.

Database component configurator summary

Any other suggestions to get rid of it.

Thanks,
RP

Did you make sure your oracle server was up and running when you ran the Database Component Configurator 9.6?

What is your Oracle version? Where is it installed, see if windows/antivirus is blocking it?

Hi Mahesh,

DB is healthy running,i didn’t see any issues with it. How can I check whether Antivirus is blocking …If there is any issue with AntiVirus then we should not get " Invalid service name, orcl" error which i believe.

Thanks,
RP

Ya sometimes I had faced this issue windows application blocking… I see you are on free trial, do a uninstall and re-install.

I have no other solutions at the moment. Try giving XE/xe as your service name and check once.

Hello,

Could you try starting your server in Safe Mode and check if jdbc connection parameter has right value?

To restart IS server in safe mode. Do the following:

1. Go to X:\SoftwareAG\profiles\IS_default\configuration folder(I guess its a windows)
  2. Open the ‘custom_wrapper’ file in notepad
  3. Modify this value from wrapper.app.parameter.2=4 to wrapper.app.parameter.2=5
  4. Add an entry to this file as wrapper.app.parameter.7= -safeboot
  5. Start the Server
    Cheers !!

Remember to remove these modified entry when you start server in normal mode.

Thanks,
Tanveer

Yes please try to bring up the IS in the safe mode and analyze the connection params/details.

HTH,
RMG

Thanks all for your inputs.

How did you resolve the issue?

Hi All,

I un-installed DB, installed it again. Now its working fine.

Thanks,
RP

It make sens which is part of troubleshoot ! :smiley:

HTH,
RMG