websphere MQ Adapter

Hi Guys,

Can anybody know what should be input value of the service wm.art.dev.connection:fetchConnectionMetadata for input field “connectionFactoryType”. I have given another input field “adapterTypeName” value as wmMQAdapter

Please check this documentation of the particular input class you are looking for Page 251:

It takes the

connectionFactoryType
String.
Required. The fully qualified path of the
WmManagedConnectionFactory implementation class

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/adapters_estandards/Adapters/ADK/6-5_ADK_Install_and_Users_Guide.pdf

Thanks for your response RMG.

Yes, even i have referred the same documentation. My query is what should be the WmManagedConnectionFactory
implementation class name for webshphere MQ Adapter.

Regards,
Satish

Do you have any JNDI configuration done with Websphere apps?

Hi RMG,

I am trying to update the websphere MQ connection properties like Qmanager, Qname etc with the built-in service

wm.art.dev.connection:updateConnectionNode. But to provide input for this service i am using wm.art.dev.connection:fetchConnectionMetadata as suggested in documentation. Do I have to create any JNDI alias?

No need for that sake…

Can i Know the fully qualified connectionFactoryType class name for wM MQ Adapter.

I am not really sure the fully qualified naming convention but let’s wait to hear from other gurus here in the forum:

Can anybody reply on this please ? or IS anybody know the exact internal names of websphere MQ connection parameters. If we have internal names we can hardcode and use the service wm.art.dev.connection:updateConnectionNode

I never used websphereAdapter, but I found this class under folder \packages\WmMQAdapter\code\classes\com\wm\adapter\wmmqadapter\connection.

package com.wm.adapter.wmmqadapter.connection;

public class wmMQConnectionFactory extends WmManagedConnectionFactory

… …

}

May be you can try it.

And there is another class wmMQTransactionalConnectionFactory in the same folder.

package com.wm.adapter.wmmqadapter.connection;

public class wmMQTransactionalConnectionFactory extends wmMQConnectionFactory{

… …

}

1 Like

Thank you very much Wang for your reply. Finally it got worked out with the class “com.wm.adapter.wmmqadapter.connection.wmMQConnectionFactory” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear it worked out:

How to get connection attributes of an adapter connection? How to Update Adapter Connection Properties?

Use Built-in service Name: wm.art.dev.connection:fetchConnectionMetadata
Input Field:
adapterTypeName: You can get this name by running pub.art:listRegisteredAdapters built-in service
Sample Values:
JDBCAdapter
wmMQAdapter
WmSAP

Input Field:
connectionFactoryType: You need to build this value by navigating the folders under an adapter package.
Sample Values:
com.wm.adapter.wmjdbc.connection.JDBCConnectionFactory
com.wm.adapter.wmmqadapter.connection.wmMQConnectionFactory
com.wm.adapter.sap.spi.SAPConnectionFactory

Now you can use these connection attributes as input fields for wm.art.dev.connection:updateConnectionNode under connectionSettings document. Then you can use this service to update connection properties of a JDBC, SAP connection etc