IS 8.0 Clustering Issue

Hi,
I have two independent IS (8.0) on the same box for which I wanted to enable clustering. I enabled clustering on one of the servers and restarted the server. But the server is not coming up and throwing the below error:

It gives a database error, but the database is up and connected. Please let me know if you have any inputs

java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database ‘AUDITINGSC’, see the next exception for details.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:207)
at com.webMethods.lwq.util.DBPool.createNewConnections(DBPool.java:129)
at com.webMethods.lwq.util.DBPool.(DBPool.java:58)
at com.webMethods.lwq.util.DBPool.getInstance(DBPool.java:98)
at com.webMethods.lwq.db.DBAccessObject.getAutoCommitConnection(DBAccessObject.java:102)
at com.webMethods.lwq.db.DBAccessObject.getAllMessageStoreIds(DBAccessObject.java:69)
at com.webMethods.lwq.management.LwqAdmin.getGuaranteedQueueNames(LwqAdmin.java:437)
at com.webMethods.sc.auditing.queue.WmBaseAuditQueue.detectOrphanedQueues(WmBaseAuditQueue.java:81)
at com.webMethods.sc.auditing.WmAuditingImpl.configure(WmAuditingImpl.java:165)
at com.webMethods.sc.auditing.WmAuditingImpl.configure(WmAuditingImpl.java:96)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.init(AuditLogManager.java:540)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:378)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database ‘AUDITINGSC’, see the next exception for details.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
… 25 more
2010-07-20 17:35:24 GMT [Error.DB.onnectionE] Could not obtain a DB connection.
2010-07-20 17:35:24 GMT [Error.DB.onnectionE] Could not obtain a DB connection.

I think u r using embedded db? to use cluster your both IS should point to same external DB.

Hi,
I am using external RDBMS and have all functional aliases configured to access the external DB

Regards
Shaya

The logs showing that you are still using derby. Both IS configured to use same set DB?
Can you reverse the order of Your IS restart and try?

Shaya,

Is it resolved?

Hi Shaya,

We are facing same issue, if your issue is resolved could you share , how did you resolve it.

Regrads.

Did you check the Audit DB connection and JDBC pool for ISCoreAudit functional alias connection configuration on both IS’s? Is it tested successfully?

HTH,
RMg

hi all,
i think your license key for integration server is expired or invalid.

regards,
rajesh

The AUDITINGSC Derby database is used by audit loggers that are configured to do guaranteed asynchronous logging. Although an external database is required for clustering, guaranteed async loggers will use the embedded Derby database as an internal queueing mechanism regardless of whether IS is clustered or not.

If you do not have any in-flight audit log records, you can clear this problem by deleting the IntegrationServer/db/AUDITINGSC directory. You may need to shut down IS to do this. The database will get recreated when the server starts up.

Please note that the guaranteed asynchronous option is, in most cases, the slowest one for audit logging. Synchronous logging is usually the fastest.

Regards,
Michael

Hi,

I faced the exact problem .

The reverse sequencing of ISs did not resolve the problem. Hence I deleted the entire folder /db/AUDITINGSC and restarted IS.

Below logs are seen
2012-11-02 12:58:16 MDT [ISS.0025.0012I] Cache Manager started
2012-11-02 12:58:17 MDT [Error.DBMessageStore.nitializationE] Failed to initialize DB message store.
2012-11-02 12:58:18 MDT [BAS.0123.0001I] FSData full consistency check is being performed. Db:DocumentStore/ISTransStore
2012-11-02 12:58:20 MDT [ISS.0098.0026I] Document Store DefaultStore initialized
2012-11-02 12:58:20 MDT [Error.DB.onnectionE] Message not found for messageKey Error.DB.Connection
2012-11-02 12:58:20 MDT [ISS.0025.9998C] Exception → com.wm.app.b2b.server.dispatcher.exceptions.PersistenceException: com.wm.app.store.TSException: [BAT.0002.0000] Wrapped Exception: com.webMethods.lwq.LwqException: Failed to start database ‘LWQ_DB_BROKER_CSQ’, see the next exception for details.
2012-11-02 12:58:20 MDT [ISS.0098.0045E] Unrecoverable Exception while initializing the Dispatcher: com.wm.app.b2b.server.dispatcher.exceptions.CommException: [ISS.0098.9018] Unrecoverable Error while initializing Dispatcher: com.wm.app.store.TSException: [BAT.0002.0000] Wrapped Exception: com.webMethods.lwq.LwqException: Failed to start database ‘LWQ_DB_BROKER_CSQ’, see the next exception for details.
2012-11-02 12:58:20 MDT [Error.DBMessageStore.nitializationE] Failed to initialize DB message store.
2012-11-02 12:58:21 MDT [Error.DB.onnectionE] Message not found for messageKey Error.DB.Connection
2012-11-02 12:58:21 MDT [ISS.0134.0015E] Unable to load configuration for JMS connection alias “0”: com.webMethods.lwq.LwqException: Failed to start database ‘LWQ_DB’, see the next exception for details.
2012-11-02 12:58:21 MDT [Error.DB.onnectionE] Message not found for messageKey Error.DB.Connection
2012-11-02 12:58:21 MDT [ISS.0134.0015E] Unable to load configuration for JMS connection alias “1”: com.webMethods.lwq.LwqException: Failed to start database ‘LWQ_DB’, see the next exception for details.

I got this error for the first time. Later I restarted and the errors disappeared and IS started ormally.

Regards
Mallik