FTP Listener Question

Hi All,

I have configured a FTP Listener Port listening at 7000. I have associated a Package to this Port.

My Requirement: All I want to do is FTP a file to this Port and a Service to listen to this Port and get the document which got FTPed.

My Question: I try to connect thru windows command line to the port as

D:>ftp localhost:7000

This does not work.

I tried telnet localhost 7000 which is connecting but expecting User Name and Pwd. What is the User Name and Pwd I need to give???

I also tried to write a simple Flow Service to connect to the FTP Port and check whether I am able to access the directories? Where are the directory definitions available?

I am getiing the following error in the console:

2005-08-24 14:44:03 GMT+05:30 WMERROR c3d1e94eebcc8ce610570cf091d NULL c3d1e94eebcc8ce610570cf091d 1124874843422 S2B20988:5555 com.wm.net.ftpCException: [ISC.0064.9005] 555 Error: java.lang.NullPointerException com.wm.net.ftpCException: [ISC.0064.9005] 555 Error: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.wm.net.FTPSession.login(FTPSession.java:473)
at com.wm.net.FTPSession.(FTPSession.java:141)
at pub.client.ftp.login(ftp.java:177)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:294)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:347)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.BaseService.invoke(BaseService.java:153)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowInvoke.invoke(FlowInvoke.java:324)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invokeNode(FlowState.java:577)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.step(FlowState.java:435)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invoke(FlowState.java:400)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.FlowSvcImpl.baseInvoke(FlowSvcImpl.java:1740)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.BaseService.invoke(BaseService.java:153)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowInvoke.invoke(FlowInvoke.java:324)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invokeNode(FlowState.java:577)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.stepIncremental(FlowState.java:491)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invoke(FlowState.java:373)
at wm.server.flowimpl.stepFlow(flowimpl.java:183)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:294)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:97)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:167)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:204)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:105)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:512)
pub.client:ftp Any help would be great.

Thanks and regards,
Pazhanikanthan. P

1. Try using a FTP client (other than MS’s client) that allow you to specify a port setting.
    or
    IExplore → ftp://host:7000, login using an authorised Integration Server account and then browse to the FLOW service.

2. PUT a file in the pseudo directory and you will find that the service will have an IData object that represent the contents of the file that was uploaded.

Use pub.flow:savePipeline and pub.flow:restorePipeline to review the pipeline data.

To use the command line you can’t specify the port like that…

type in
ftp

then
open HOSTNAME PORT

That should allow you to connect.

You need to then change into a directory called “ns” under which you are sitting in the namespace of the Integration server. So if you have a service called myfolder.mySubfolder:myService, you would need to do:

cd ns/myfolder/mySubfolder/myService
and then uploading files will kick off your service…

Can also use filezilla (it’s an opensource/free/ok to use) as a client to test things.

Alternative solution to using FTP listener is to have a separate ftp server and then use file polling “port” to pick it up… That’s quite common too…

regards,
Nathan Lee

Also - when you associate a package with a port you’re actually associating the port to the package. i.e. when you deploy the package you’ll also deploy that port (see packages_package_\listeners.cnf)

Regards,
Adrian

Pazhanikanthan,

I want to fix that NPE in the FTP Client.

Exactly what version of Integration Server and what set of patches are you running?

Cheers,
Fred